Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 US
Civil Engineer (Nuclear Power Plant)
Our client in the Mount Laurel, NJ area, is looking for a Lead Civil Engineer, The successful candidate will be working as part of a team of engineers and designers at the Detroit Edison Fermi Nuclear Plant and will function as a Civil/Structural Lead Engineer working on plant modification packages, engineering calculations, evaluations and studies.
- Prepare civil/structural calculations and evaluations in support of various design activities including, but not limited to the design of piping, cables and small equipment supports, instrument rack design, floor load impacts to concrete structures evaluations, foundation designs, equipment anchoring evaluations and seismic response evaluations.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, prepare civil/structural installation and design change packages, work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and vendors to complete tasks on schedule and on budget.
- Exercise sound judgment in assessing problem situations, review completed work to ensure accuracy and compliance with codes and design data, coordinate the design with other discipline groups on the same project.
- Under minimal supervision analyze and qualify foundation and structural component designs for power generation, substations, and transmission/distribution facilities.
- Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required.