DSP Systems Engineer
Title: DSP Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Clearance: Active Top Secret Required
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Pivotal Engineering is staffing for a leading defense firm in Scottsdale AZ. Our client has an immediate opening for a DSO Systems Engineer.
Candidates should have working knowledge of:
- SIGINT/COMINT/ELINT and Electronic Warfare systems
- Development of DSP algorithms
- Modeling in MATLAB
- Reviewing C/C++ code development
- Modern signals / waveforms
- Subsystem integration and test.
The System Engineer DSP will support DoD SIGINT program captures and execution. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the assessment of the DSP requirements and the selection of COTS products and implementation strategies leading to proposal preparation.
The candidate will work as part of the engineering team to:
- Evaluate Customer requirements as they apply to the DSP capabilities. This includes preparation and delivery of customer briefings and capability demonstrations.
- Perform trade studies pertaining to the digitization of the RF front and the processing of IQ data supportive of DF processing as well as other data analytics.
- Define configurational, preliminary, detailed design, and integration strategies involving the digital to analog and analog to digital converters.
- Derive DSP subassembly requirements from customer system/subsystem requirements as well as perform analysis and simulation/modeling.
- Develop buildup, integration and system level test approaches and plans.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Top-Secret security clearance within an acceptable timeframe, with acceptable timing determined by manager. Ideally, the candidate will have a current Department of Defense TS/SCI - SI/TK clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.