Embedded Software Engineer
Grand Prairie, TX 75051 US
Title: Embedded Software Engineer (Ada and C++)
Location: Grand Prairie TX
Duration: 12-18 months
Clearance: Active Secret or above required
- Looking for an experienced Software Engineer to develop embedded software for a real-time operating system on custom hardware.
- The candidate will be working on embedded software for electro-optic and smart munitions systems specifically on high-performance missile and rocket technology.
- Other technologies developed are related to millimeter wave radar, image and signal processing and systems integration.
- Development is first coded using Linux operating system (OS) but moved to the deployed real-time OS for final testing and delivery.
- Selected candidate will integrate algorithms into Ada and/or C++ applications.
- Candidate is expected to be proficient in Ada and C/C++.
- Tools and other non-embedded code may be developed on Windows OS.
· Ada 95
· C++ 11 or later
· Embedded real-time C++ software development on embedded real-time operating system (RTOS)
· Hardware & Software Integration
· Linux OS
· Agile processes and practices
· Algorithm implementation
· C++ cross-compiler to microprocessor
· Full life-cycle development
· Git - source code versioning
· GitLab – software configuration/version control & CI/CD host
· Jira - issue tracking and Agile project management
· Technical document development
· Windows OS
Auxiliary Skills for best match (multiple position consideration)
· Cameo / Magic Draw
· Communication protocol interfaces (LINK 16, MS-1553, RS-232, RS-422)
· Device driver development
· Filter Design
· IR seeker image processing
· Modulation / Demodulation
· Multi-core / multi-processor / multi-threaded development
· Radar software
· Radio Frequency (RF) software
· Rhapsody – architecture modeling
· Reusable / modular design experience
· Seeker design
· Seeker software
· Signals & Systems
· Static code coverage analysis
· Strong analytical/math background