Embedded Software Engineer
Lynchburg, VA 24501 US
Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Lynchburg VA
Duration: 6+ months
US Citizen or Green card holder only due to client requirements.
Looking for an embedded software engineer to join a product development team chartered with high performance backend engines/servers that serve as the backbone on a land mobile radio system, paired with feature-rich user interfaces as well. Our software runs 365 days a year, 24 hours a day in demanding environments such as 911 dispatch centers, naval ships, military bases, and multi-state public utility operation centers.
Successful candidate will be willing to develop large scale production software in a disciplined engineering environment. In this role, you will focus on both back-end service layer development as well as front-end user interface features. You will embrace the writing of automated tests in parallel with feature development, taking ownership of product quality, and supporting our DevOps environment. This position requires little to no travel.
- BS/MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience with a minimum 9+ years of relevant professional development (7+ with MS degree)
- Embedded software development (ex: C, C++)
- Knowledge of multi-processor & multi-threaded application development best practices
- Microsoft Windows application programing (C#, C++, Microsoft .NET, etc.)
- Java application programming (especially server/desktop environments)
- Cloud-based software development (ex: AWS, Azure, NoSQL databases, IoT frameworks, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent time management skills
- Agile/scrum/Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline experience (ex: Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- DevOps experience
- Distributed version control experience (ex: Git)
- Full stack experience (both front-end GUI development & back-end business logic programming)
- Automated testing experience (unit tests, functional/product level automation, etc.)
- Back-end web development (ex: Java, ASP.NET core)