Embedded Software Engineer
Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Orlando FL
Duration: 12 + months
Clearance: Active Secret preferred, clearable candidates will be considered
Our client is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to develop and maintain real-time embedded software applications.
- Typical applications are software products related to image processing, target detection and tracking, missile guidance/ navigation/ control algorithms, missile launchers, system control, built-in test, and system communication.
- Development will be in C and C++ hosted on either a PC or Unix environment and targeted for an embedded processor running either VxWorks, Integrity or Linux as the real-time operating system.
- Familiarity with standard communication busses and protocols including RS-232, RS-422, MIL-STD-1553 and Ethernet is helpful but not required.
- The candidate will have experience with code implementation and integration and test.
- The candidate will be familiar with using source code control and issue tracking tools along with using modern test tools to do unit test and static analysis.
- An ideal candidate will be able to configure and manage a continuous test environment.
- Bonus skills would be familiarity with Agile development, Cyber Security, Department of Defense products, board support package and device driver development.
- Experience with embedded real-time development in C and C++
- Experience in software coding, unit test, integration, and verification
- RTOS experience with VxWorks, Integrity, or Linux
- Experience with Hardware-Software integration
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience generating and maintaining program software documentation such as SRS, ICD, Test Plans, Test Procedures
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Razor, Accurev, Git, JIRA, SVN
- Familiarity with Visual Studio (i.e., Visual C++)