Title: FPGA Engineer
Location: Fairfax VA
Type: Full time permanent
Imagine being part of the team that develops the technologies, products and services that help our nation’ s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is important. The challenges are career-defining. The opportunity is waiting for you at GDMS.
The FPGA Engineer will design and develop firmware for the Digital Receiver Exciter and Digital Beamformer for the Air and Missile Defense Radar (AMDR) Program. The engineer will work on a large geographically separated team, participating in all aspects of the development lifecycle including design, development, integration and test.
What you bring to the table:
- Electrical Engineer or Computer Engineering degree plus minimum 5-10 years hardware development experience using FPGAs, microprocessors, high speed digital circuits in embedded designs
- Very High Speed Integrated Circuit Hardware Description Language (VHDL) experience and associated modeling and simulation tools
- Embedded software development and/or digital board design experience
- Experience with high speed digital electronics, proper timing and debugging capabilities
- An understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) techniques and layout of high-speed digital boards
- Desire to learn and push the development envelope, willingness to take on strong challenges.
- Recent experience with Xilinx Virtex 6&7 with Xilinx support tool ISE and Vivado tool
What you will experience:
- Technologies that aren’ t just top-notch, they’ re often super-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’ s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’ s discovered
- Ability to work with a fun and diverse group of colleagues
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.