Junior Vehicle Software Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI
- Join a dynamic group of software engineers responsible for the development and support of embedded application software for a family of ground vehicles.
- The engineer will participate in activities covering the entire software development life-cycle, from requirements development to final testing and delivery of software products.
- Performing software requirements analysis.
- Developing software preliminary and detail design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Developing code to implement software design, Code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Performing hardware/software integration and unit test.
- Developing and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes.
- Preparing status reports to management and support design/code reviews.
- Interfacing with other departments and business units.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Software Programming, or Electrical Engineering
- 0-5 years related engineering experience.
- Strong Background in java or C/C++ desired.
- Embedded systems experience desired
- Experience in configuring Linux/Unix operating systems desired
- GUI Development with Qt desired
- Experience with bootloaders (e.g. grub) desired.
- Linux, Unix & PC experience.
- Fifty percent office environment, fifty percent lab environment.