Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI 48310 US
Title: Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights MI
Type: Contract to hire
- Lead the software development effort for the Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle project
- Create and maintain Software Build Plan to communicate project scope with development team
- Work with Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI) leads and program management to develop schedules and establish budgets
- Develop basis of estimates for new scope items
- Enter EVMS for software tasks
- Assist with development and/or review of software documentation including Software Development Plan, Software Resource/Data Report, Software Requirement Specification, Software Design Description, Software Version Description, and related test documentation
- Attend and participate in project related meetings with the project management team.
- Work with Systems Engineering to support system level requirements allocation and testing.
- Interface and coordinate with outside vendors for software support and deliverables.
- Identify, document, and mitigate project risks items.
- Interface with Software Quality Assurance (SWQA) to address audit findings and implement corrective actions.
- Assist with development of project metrics and measures.
- Prepare and submit status reports to management.
- Ensure all work conforms to software development process improvement and CMMI Level 5 initiatives
- Excellent leadership skills required.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of CMMI is preferred.
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) is a plus
- Previous experience with military vehicle software preferred