Lead I&C Engineer
Newport , MI 48166 US
Lead I&C Engineer
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering-Control Systems
- PE License Required
- 6+ Years Nuclear Power Plant Modification
On-site in Newport, Michigan at the Fermi Power Plant
Candidate will be working as part of a team of Engineers and Designers at the DTE Fermi Nuclear Power Plant working on modification packages including plant digital upgrades. Candidate must complete complex engineering assignments including preparation of packages that include specifications and data sheets, calculations, and modifications to existing plant drawings; provide support to proposals, prepare purchase requisitions; review vendor drawings and develop cost and budget estimates and schedules and scope of work documents.
- Familiarity with the Nuclear standard Design Process, and experience preparing engineering drawings including but not limited to wiring diagrams and schematics, P&IDs, logic diagrams, instrument hookups, etc. for plant modification packages including digital upgrades
- Preparation of specifications for control of plant process/auxiliary systems
- Preparation and review of logic diagrams and system functional descriptions for implementation of system control logic into plant control systems
- Experience evaluating and specifying pressure, temperature, flow, and level process instrumentation
- Experience performing calculations for a nuclear plant such as instrument set-points
- Supervisory experience leading other engineers and designers assigned to the project. This includes preparation of estimates, project schedules and performance monitoring.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Must be able to interface with other members of the project team including other disciplines, client, contractors, and vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- B.S. in Electrical or Controls Engineering from an accredited 4-year university with course work in Control Systems
- 8 years overall experience in design of control systems for power plants or heavy industrial facilities
- 4 years of experience relating to design or operation of commercial Nuclear Power Plants
- PE License is required.