Our client in the Lexington, MA, area is looking for a Mechanical Designer to provide mechanical design for systems such as; large antenna structures, mechanisms, optical and electronic packaging & cable design for airborne and space systems. This requisition is for Design support (Designer I) to participate in the design of said systems.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas? mechanical/mechanisms, optical-mechanical, electronic packaging or structural.
• Knowledge of mechanical fabrication and assembly techniques including conventional machining of metal. Additive manufacturing, not including molding, knowledge will also be considered.
• Opto-mechanics, structures, or electronic packaging design.
• Knowledgeable of design using conventional machining. Knowledgeable of ASME, GD&T and MIL-Specs required.
• Knowledge of ASME Y14 family of standards, and specific experience using ASME Y14.5 GD&T.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Interim Security Clearance required at the time of hire.