Software Engineer - C++
Grand Prairie, TX 75051 US
Contract - 12 months+
Clearance Required: Active Clearance- investigation within the last 5 years or CE enrolment
Period of Performance: 12+ Month Contract
Will take junior candidates with a minimum of 2+ experience years after college
· Looking for a Software Engineer Sr for a position in Grand Prairie, Texas in support of an ongoing DoD contract. The candidate will need the ability to come up to speed on the existing software design and work with the systems/software/hardware leads to update the existing design/implementation.
· This will include interfacing with the hardware and processing uplinks/downlinks messages from the tactical datalink. Most of the software will be high-level application development in a Linux environment.
· The candidate will participate in formal software qualification testing as well as software development to support program commitments.
· Must have an active DOD secret security clearance
· Strong experience with C/C++ with a focus on modern C++ features; C++11 experience preferred
· Experience working with Linux distributions; CentOS/RHEL 7 or higher experience is preferred
· Experience working with pub/sub middleware (preferably RTI DDS)
· Must have a growth mindset with a strong ability to learn quickly and work in past paced environment
· Willing to work in a closed area on-site full-time
· Can support routine domestic travel for government exercises (~20% travel)
· Experience with VSCode, gcc, cmake
· Experience with Python programming and bash scripting
· Experience working with Agile methodologies, Git, GitLab CI, and automated testing