Sr. Hardware Engineer
San Jose, CA
Senior Hardware Engineer
Senior Hardware Engineer is required for a contract position of 4.5 months with the possibility of extension or to become permanent in San Jose, CA.
- Define detailed hardware feature specifications based on product requirements
- Define acceptance criteria based on hardware and design verification test (DVT) specifications.
- Lead the investigation and evaluation of electronic components (chipset) from various vendors
- Interface with ODM/OEM contractors for hardware design, prototyping, design verification, bring-up
Opportunity to become a Hardware Engineer for a leading digital video recording corporation!
- HARDWARE DESIGN - A proven track record of developing / shipping consumer video products such as set-top-boxes and Digital-videorecorders (DVRs), in high volume.
- Extensive hardware / electrical design experience (schematic capture,
- Extensive PCB layout, design verification, industry certifications, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and understanding about hardware system design, the development process, quality control and system-level trade-offs.
- Design and tuning for wireless protocols such as 802.11 b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth (LE) Design of remote controls with IR, RF4CE, and BT protocols
- PCB design and system bring up
- Experience managing mechanical and industrial design processes is desired.
- Experience developing 4K UHD HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, HLG) set-top-box products is desired.
- Experience developing products with MOCA networking is desired.
4.5 months with possible extension.
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.