Sr. Mission Critical Software Engineer
Cambridge, MA 02139 US
The contractor will provide technical support with the design, development, test, analysis, verification, and validation of embedded software for mission critical systems. The focus of the contractor’s efforts will be the development and deployment of flight software or flight software adjacent components. The contractor will be expected to participate in the entire software life cycle from conceptualization and requirements analysis through final software verification and validation. Documentation of the architecture, design, test plans, and analyses will be required for all phases of the development. The contractor will be expected to bring and maintain state-of-the-art technical expertise in tools, techniques, and methods used in the development, maintenance, and certification of mission critical and embedded software systems, with emphasis on their application to guidance, navigation, and control systems.
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering or equivalent, with course work and industry experience in mission critical software development and eight years of relevant experience
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering or equivalent, with course work and industry experience in mission critical software development and ten years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of development for resource constrained environments is required
- Strong experience developing for real-time systems using C, C++ and assembly language is required.
- Past design experience with UML/SysML is required
- Task planning and management skills are required
- Working knowledge and industry experience with computer architectures, full-lifecycle software design and device-level software is required
- Familiarity with modern software development tools for version control, static and dynamic analysis and continuous integration is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in the design, coding and testing of guidance, navigation and control system software is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Active Secret Clearance