System Integration and Test Engineer
Orlando, FL 32819 US
Location: Orlando, FL
Duration: 12 months+
Candidates should be skilled in test equipment design, interface test adapter (ITA) design, and interfacing with test equipment. Candidates must understand electronics testing methods. Requires knowledge of industry wide tests and test equipment. Candidate will provide flow charts, block diagrams, schematics, and interface control documents. This role will support the writing of test description documents, operating instruction, and installation procedures. This role will support Peer Reviews, Design Assurance Reviews, Pre/Post Verification Readiness Reviews, etc. Candidate provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
Candidate is expected to work under only general direction. This role will be required to work to the assigned tasks as laid out in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) within constraints defined by the Test System Technical Lead. This role is expected to provide timely and frequent communication on progress and significant issues to the Test System Technical Lead and other Program and Functional Stakeholders to prevent surprises.
Candidate will be required to work with cross functional teams - Test System Technical Lead, Systems Engineering (SE) SME, Unit Under Test (UUT) SME, Group Technical Staff (GTS), and Functional Design Assurance SME - to ensure the test system design is in-line with Enterprise standards and to ensure the test system meets requirements.
• 8 years in a LabVIEW and Test Stand test program development role
• Experience in developing medium- to large-scale LabVIEW Embedded control and monitoring applications with COTS and/or custom test equipment
• Ability to develop and document system, software, hardware, firmware, specifications, and test plans per high level requirements
• Have experience in automation of the collection, measurement, and evaluation of data including the use of a wide range of test equipment such as power supplies, DMMs, Oscilloscopes, Power Meters, Frequency Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, and Network Analyzers.
• Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle.
• Strong troubleshooting experience to include analog and digital circuits.
• Should be a self-starter; with minimal to no oversight needed to complete assignments.
• Must have the capability to work in a dynamic work atmosphere where there is a need to be cooperative with a diverse team of different skillsets.
• Must be able to manage his/her time wisely, as he/she is required to complete the assigned projects within the given time
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related degrees
• Experience implementing Advanced Architectures for LabVIEW, Certified TestStand Architect, or equivalent
• Proficient in Object Orientated Software Design
• Microsoft VISIO, Excel, Project, PowerPoint skills
• Have experience with MIL-STD-1553, and serial interfaces.
• Agile Development Jira/Gitlab
• In depth knowledge of requirements management lifecycle including derivation, trace, compliance and verification.
• Experience with defense system development and design, preferably missiles and ground systems.